Monday, August 31, 2015

The Belvedere Wrap

 


I've released a new pattern in collaboration with Signature Yarns. Kits will be available here on the Signature Yarns site. If you are a local reader they will also be available at the upcoming Knitters Fair.


I did two earlier samples of this pattern and showed them to Patrick as a potential design for our collaboration. We then picked yarns from his line and I did two more versions which take advantage of wider yarn and gauge choices. I'll post my original samples as project pages in Ravelry so you can see the potential for other yarns. If you are local please consider buying yarn from Signature to support our local yarn companies. 


Contrasting garter stitch and simple eyelet lace sections create a mix of colours and textures in this project. It’s an entertaining knit that keeps you interested with easy stitch patterns and shaping worked at the same time. The shawl is worked sideways creating an asymmetrical triangle shape. It’s easy to wear and perfect for wrapping around your neck. Starting from one narrow point, the stitches increase on one edge and decrease on the opposite edge. I especially like the long points on this shape, I really like the way it gives extra weight around the neck holding the wrap secure. I was worried that the larger version was too big for someone of my small size, however the shape of this wrap works equally well in both sizes on me. The blue version is knit completely with fingering weight yarn. The red one, combines Prism Stuff with double stranded fingering yarn. The colours of these yarns are truly fabulous.

The pattern is here on Ravelry and will be on Patternfish and Loveknitting soon. 

Here's more photos:











 

No comments:

Post a Comment